Book your appointment now, for a time that works best for you.
WE’LL DIAGNOSE AND EXPLAIN THE ISSUE, AND REPAIR YOUR HEATING & COOLING SYSTEM.
YOU CAN RELAX KNOWING YOU'RE IN GOOD HANDS WITH US.
Click Here to Schedule Felix Appliance Heating & Air Service
#1 Refrigerant Leak Repair Service – Chandler, AZ
Take care of refrigerant leaks in no time. Contact Felix Appliance Heating & Air at (480) 406-7487 to learn more.
It can be a hassle when your air conditioning starts malfunctioning on a hot summer day. Air conditioner refrigerant, or Freon, is what cools the air that your HVAC system pumps through your home. When you have a Freon leak, it’s vital to seek refrigerant leak repair services to get your AC unit working properly.
Felix Appliance Heating & Air in Chandler, AZ, can help you handle a refrigerant leak with ease. We are a family-owned business that draws on extensive industry experience to serve Chandler, East Valley, and Ahwatukee residents and homeowners. Our team offers more than refrigerant leak repair services, including dryer repair, dishwasher repair, washing machine repair, and stove repair.
As the temperatures begin to climb, you want to know that your AC unit will perform as expected. A refrigerant leak can cause functional problems and even safety issues. Whether your AC unit is pumping out lukewarm air or it doesn’t seem to be running, contact the refrigerant leak repair specialists at Felix Appliance Heating & Air to tackle all your home appliance needs.
How Can You Spot a Refrigerant Leak?
Even if you take the time to regularly maintain your unit, an air conditioner leaking Freon can happen at any time. Sometimes, natural wear and tear are all it takes to damage your system. Other times, you have to look for telltale signs of leaks and malfunctions:
- Higher electricity bills. Unless you’re experiencing record-high temperatures, your bill shouldn’t spike unexpectedly. A high electricity bill can mean a Freon leak. Working with a professional can help you optimize your system and lower your bills.
- Your home isn’t staying cool. Since Freon gas is what cools the air, an AC unit that isn’t pumping out cold air might have a refrigerant leak. This is one of the most common Freon leak symptoms you’re likely to encounter.
- Your AC unit makes odd sounds. For example, Freon makes a distinct noise when it leaks through cracks or holes in your AC coils. Often, homeowners say that a refrigerant leak makes a gurgling sound.
- Your HVAC coils are frozen. If your coils are low on Freon, they can’t absorb warmth or heat adequately. This can cause more damage to your system.
Beyond these common Freon leak symptoms, there are other signs that you’re dealing with a refrigerant leak. For instance, a refrigerant leak can sometimes produce unpleasant odors in your home or inconsistent temperatures.
What’s Causing My Freon Leak?
It always happens when you least expect it: It’s a sweltering summer afternoon and you want to escape the heat. For some reason, though, your AC unit doesn’t want to cooperate. Instead of cold air, it blows our lukewarm or even hot air and makes a strange sound. What can you do?
When it comes to your air conditioner, there are countless causes and culprits behind malfunctions. However, one of the most common causes of an AC Freon leak is a lack of upkeep and maintenance. Since your HVAC unit is a mechanical system, it’s prone to all the same failures as other machines and wears down over time.
Common causes of refrigerant leaks include:
- Pinhole leaks. Pinhole leaks are tiny leaks that pop up in your tubing. These happen in tandem with other leaks within your system and are a sign of age.
- General wear and tear. Age will wear out the joints and connections within your AC unit. Proper maintenance can help extend your system’s lifespan and prevent refrigerant leaks.
- Formaldehyde buildup. Acid buildup can cause corrosion and weaken your AC unit’s tubing.
- Factory defects. Sometimes, manufacturer defects and installation issues can impact your HVAC system’s performance.
Without an effective maintenance plan or repair package from your local HVAC specialist, it’s harder to take care of your system correctly. By establishing regular HVAC checkups for your AC unit, you can prevent many general issues that can cause malfunctions and refrigerant leaks.
How Do You Fix AC Freon Leaks?
There are a few methods that a refrigerant leak repair specialist will use when they’re working on an HVAC unit. The first is similar to one many mechanics use in cars – a Freon recharge. While Freon recharges are affordable, they’re temporary solutions that don’t address the root cause of your malfunction.
If there are more minor leaks, a repair specialist can likely patch them so your system runs effectively again. This may be limited to certain types of refrigerant leaks, depending on the age and make of your machine.
Finally, if your system is over 10 years old, it may be time to consider a complete replacement. At a certain point, repairing your HVAC unit isn’t cost-effective, so it may be better to invest in an upgrade.
Contact an AC repair specialist to learn more about their recommendation for your system and determine your best approach. Sometimes, a quick repair is all you need. Other times, you’ll benefit from a replacement or upgrade.
Find a Refrigerant Leak Repair Specialist You Can Trust
If you’re wondering, “Does Freon leak when the AC is off?” or you’re trying to find out why your HVAC unit isn’t producing cold air, it’s time to contact a refrigerant leak repair specialist. Partnering with an appliance repair service in Chandler can help you find the root cause of your AC issues and get your systems in working order. Take control of your cooling bills and stop those strange HVAC noises by addressing your Freon leak symptoms.
Don’t go any longer without air conditioning in your home! Felix Appliance Heating & Air provides air conditioner repair packages to homeowners and residents in Chandler, Ahwatukee, and East Valley, AZ. We’re here to help you keep your home cool and comfortable with licensed service reps, qualified team members, and fast service. Contact our team at (480) 406-7487 to learn more about refrigerant leak repair and our other home appliance services.
OVER 100+ 5 STAR REVIEWS